Meal ApPlications

Applications are available in both English and Spanish at your school site, please ask the Meal Clerk or school site secretary for an application.  Questions regarding the application form for free and reduced priced meals should be resoled by calling the Food Service Office at 831-753-5618 or 831- 753-5619.

Free and Reduced Price Meals are available to families who believe they may qualify.  Factors considered in the application process are household size and household income.  HOUSEHOLD SIZE is considered all persons, related or unrelated; including parents, children or grandparents who live in your home and share living expenses.  The TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME is the income each household member received last month before taxes-this includes wages, social security, pension, unemployment, welfare, child support, alimony, and any other cash income.

 If your family chooses to apply please complete a "Free and Reduced Meal Price Application Form." or your family can request a paper form from your school's Meal Clerk or school site Secretary, complete the form and return it to the Meal Clerk or Secretary.  Whether you complete the form online or on paper,  you will be notified by mail of your child's status. Until your receipt of notification, by mail, YOU MUST PROVIDE your child with either a lunch or lunch money.  PLEASE NOTE: Meal eligibility status (free/reduced) from the prior school year are valid for the first 30 operating days of the new school year.

Families only need to complete ONE application for ALL of their children. The information the family provides will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. Please know that this information may also be used by your school for other state or federally funded school benefits.

If you have received a “Notice of Direct Certification” in the mail before school begins, you do not have to fill out an application. You have been automatically approved through benefits received under assistance programs such as CalFresh, CalWorks, TANF or KinGap.

Other eligible programs include Homeless, Runaway, Migrant or Foster Child. But you must check with the district Homeless Liaison at (831) 753-5600 to see if you are eligible.