INTERDISTRICT APPLICATIONS 2022-2023
WILL BE PROCESSED FROM JAN. 1 TO MARCH 31.
Provide forms & documents to your school of residence
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE INTERDISTRICT AGREEMENT & APPLICATION
Please download and complete the following mandatory form.
These forms are fillable. In order to fill in, you’ll need to download the PDF.
STEP 2: GATHER COPIES OF THESE IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS
Please gather copies or take photos of any and all of the following documents below:
Letter from the adult, center, or organization providing day care
- Name, address, and contact information of the adult, center, or organization
- Child care license number and fees, if applicable
- Hours of operation for the center or organization, or the hours that the student is under care
○ Length of time student has been under care by the adult, center, or organization
- Letter from parent/guardian explaining the circumstances that an interdistrict request is necessary under child care reasons
Proof of employment of all parents/guardians who are involved in the student’s life on a day-to-day basis
- Copy of a recent pay stub
- Letter of employer’s stationary verifying schedule (hours and days) and location of employment
- If self-employed, letter stating schedule (hours and days) and location of employment
- Letter from parent/guardian explaining the circumstances that an interdistrict request is necessary under employment reasons
Name and grade of the sibling (sibling must already attend the proposed District of Attendance)
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Letter or report from a doctor, psychologist, or the appropriate person verifying health-related issues (if applicable)
- Police or school report supporting safety-related issues, including bullying (if applicable)
- Letter from parent/guardian explaining the circumstances that an interdistrict request is necessary under health and safety reasons
Letter from parent/guardian expressing the extent of the student’s interest in the specialized program, and how the program is either unavailable or not comparable at the District of Residence
CONTINUITY OF ENROLLMENT
Letter from parent/guardian stating the enrollment history of the student since kindergarten
Letter from parent/guardian explaining the circumstances that an interdistrict request is necessary under final year reason
CHANGE IN RESIDENCE
Copy of escrow documents/rental agreements
STEP 3: EMAIL EVERYTHING YOU GATHERED
Email your Interdistrict Agreement and Application, and Important Documents to Veronica Farotte at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified once documents are received, as well as, next steps once all documents have been reviewed.
We appreciate your patience and effort in providing the necessary documents needed to complete the enrollment process.
Salinas City Elementary School District admits and releases students through an unbiased interdistrict transfer process that prohibits the discrimination of students based on any of the individual characteristics set forth in Education Code § 220:
No person shall be subjected to discrimination on the basis of disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, including immigration status, in any program or activity conducted by an educational institution that receives, or benefits from, state financial assistance, or enrolls pupils who receive state student financial aid.