Illness and Guidelines
The CDC recommends the following measures to avoid the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer for twenty seconds, if soap and water is not available.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes or mouth with your hands.
- Clean or sanitize commonly touched surfaces
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
- If you feel ill, please stay home.
MORE INFORMATION: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
If a student is found with active, adult head lice, he/she shall be allowed to stay in school until the end of the school day. The parent/guardian of any such student shall be given information about the treatment of head lice and encouraged to begin treatment of the student immediately and to check all members of the family. The parent/guardian also shall be informed that the student shall be checked upon return to school the next day and allowed to remain in school if no active head lice are detected. Active head lice shall not be confused with nits. Nits are expected to be present, even after initial treatment.
Upon the student’s return to school, the school nurse or designee shall check the student for active head lice. If it is determined that the student remains infected with head lice, the school nurse or designee shall contact the student’s parent/guardian to discuss treatment. As needed, he/she may provide additional resources and or referral to the local health department, health care providers, or other agencies.