Who are emergent bilinguals
- Students who know different-named languages such as Spanish, Spanglish, and English.
- Language learning is not about one language or the other, but simultaneously about leveraging students' full linguistic repertoire.
- Language as a living organism which adapts according to the context in which it is developed.
- Many students of Color from immigrant backgrounds also carry the designated “English Learner” label.
- Urgency to shift in perspectives and see students as falling on various points of the bilingual continuum.