Skip To Main Content

Interdistrict Transfers

Applications for the 2023/2024 School year will be processed from Jan. 1 to March 31Provide forms & documents to your school of residence

If you do not live in the Salinas City Elementary School District, you will need to start the process at your district of residence and fill out an Interdistrict Transfer form. Once your district of residence releases you from the district, submit your approved Interdistrict Transfer form to the Salinas City Elementary School District.

Follow the three steps below:


   Step 1: Download and Complete Agreement and Application 

Please download and complete the following mandatory form.
These forms are fillable. In order to fill in, you’ll need to download the PDF.



  Step 2: Gather Copies of these Important Documents

Ensure a smooth process by gathering important documents. Organize them systematically to facilitate easy access and efficient workflow. This proactive step will save time.


  Step 3: Email Everything you've Gathered

Email your Interdistrict Agreement and Application, and Important Documents to You will be notified once documents are received, as well as, next steps once all documents have been reviewed. We appreciate your patience and effort in providing the necessary documents needed to complete the enrollment process.

Salinas City Elementary School District admits and releases students through an unbiased interdistrict transfer process that prohibits the discrimination of students based on any of the individual characteristics set forth in Education Code § 220:

No person shall be subjected to discrimination on the basis of disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, including immigration status, in any program or activity conducted by an educational institution that receives, or benefits from, state financial assistance, or enrolls pupils who receive state student financial aid.